Restricting adjustment update privileges
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
In many situations, organizations use data entry staff to enter subdivision plans and deeds into the parcel fabric. Organizations usually also have a small set of qualified staff who are enabled to approve each plan and the least-squares adjustment of each plan. You can prevent staff from applying least-squares adjustment results by adding a registry key that will make the Accept button on the Least Squares Adjustment Summary dialog box unavailable. Staff can still run the least-squares adjustment and view the adjustment report, but they will not be able to apply the adjustment results.
You need to add a registry key to your registry to use this functionality. Here is the process to follow to set this up on each ArcGIS seat:
- Click the windows Start menu and click Run.
- Type regedit in the Run dialog box.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\ESRI\\Desktop10.0\\ArcMap\\Cadastral\\.
- Right-click the Cadastral folder, point to New, then click DWORD value.
- Type LeastSquaresAdjustmentRestricted as the DWORD name.
- Double-click the DWORD to edit it.
- In the Edit DWORD value dialog box, choose the Decimal option.
- To make the Accept button on the Least Squares Adjustment Summary dialog box unavailable, type 1 in the Value Data text box.
- To enable the Accept button, type 0.
- Click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor window.