Inserting control points into the parcel fabric
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- In an edit session in ArcMap, zoom to the area where you want to insert control points and click the Maintain Control Points tool located on the Parcel Editor toolbar.
- Make sure the fabric Points sublayer is turned on in the Table Of Contents window.
- On the Control dialog box, click the New button and click to snap on the fabric point to which the control point will be linked.
- Optionally, click in the field next to Control Point Name, delete the autogenerated name, then type a new name for the control point.
- If the Easting and Northing values do not match the coordinates of the new control point, click in the fields to edit the current values to match the coordinates of the control point.
- Optionally, populate the remaining attribute fields.
- Click the Update button to add the control point to the list of control points and to the map display.
The Network Point ID attribute field on the Control dialog box is automatically populated with the linked fabric point ID. The Control Point Name attribute field is populated with an autogenerated control point name. The Easting and Northing attribute fields are populated with the easting and northing values of the fabric point. If the fabric point has no height, the Height attribute field remains empty.