Splitting a topology edge at a distance from an endpoint
You can temporarily add new topology nodes to split edges. This simply splits the edge for the topology; it does not break the feature into two features. This can be useful when you want to move one part of an edge without affecting other parts of the edge or when you want to create a new node to which to snap.
- Click the Topology Edit tool on the Topology toolbar.
- Click the edge you want to split.
- Right-click and click Split Edge At Distance.
- Optionally, click the button to specify a percentage of the edge length.
- Type a distance or a percentage if you choose to make the split at a percentage of the edge length.
- Optionally, click the button to indicate that you want the distance to be measured from the endpoint of the edge.
- Click OK.
Arrows appear along the edge to indicate the edge direction. The edge can be split at a distance or a percentage of its length, measured from the start point or the endpoint of the edge.