Creating a dimension feature with the Free Linear tool
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
With the Free Linear tool, if you input three points, a vertical or horizontal linear dimension feature is created. With four points, a rotated linear dimension feature is created.
The first point entered is used as the start dimension point. The second point entered is used as the end dimension point. The third point is used as the dimension line height point. If you add four points, the fourth point is used to describe the extension line angle.
- Click a dimension feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click the Free Linear tool on the Create Features window.
- Click the map at the start dimension point. As you move the mouse pointer, the dimension feature does not dynamically draw itself.
- Use the construction methods to enter the end dimension point.
- Use the construction methods to enter the points where you want the dimension line to be.
- Use the construction methods to enter the point that describes the extension line angle.
- If you create more than four points or any points that do not represent the start or end dimension point, dimension line height, or extension line angle, you must delete them before continuing.
- Right-click anywhere on the map and click Finish Sketch.