Converting annotation to multiple parts
Multiple-part annotation may be useful if you need to be able to work with a part (such as a word) of an annotation feature but do not want to make it into a completely separate feature. You might want to do this if you have a large feature that you want to identify by spreading out the text of the annotation over the whole shape, such as a long river or mountain range.
- Click the Edit Annotation tool on the Editor toolbar and select the annotation.
- Right-click and click Convert to Multiple Parts.
- Click the part you want to edit. By default, the part is highlighted in magenta stripes.
- You can drag the part to a new location or right-click to access other commands.
- To convert multiple-part annotation to a single part, select the annotation features, right-click, then click Convert to Single Part.