Creating a line with the 2-Point Line window
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Click Construct 2-Point Line on the COGO toolbar.
Choose the target in which the new feature will be created.
- If you have feature templates for the layers in your map, click the Template button and click the template to use to create the new feature. You can also double-click the preview of the template to choose a different template.
- If you do not have feature templates, click the layer in which to create the feature.
- Click the Construction drop-down arrow and choose an appropriate construction method based on the information you have about the line.
You can set the reference by entering a known coordinate, clicking the map, or using a selected line.
- Click Enter coordinates and type x- and y-values for the starting coordinate.
- Click Enter coordinates, click the Interactive Start Point Selection tool , then click the map.
- Click Use selected line and choose which end of the line feature you want as the start point.
- Type the parameters required by the construction method. If you want to construct a line feature using angle-distance or tangent curve constructions, you must also set a direction.
- Click Create.
The 2-Point Line window opens.
The 2-Point Line window uses the data frame's coordinate system units of measurement by default. You can use an abbreviation to enter different distance units.