Applying a ground to grid correction
This topic applies to ArcEditor and ArcInfo only.
- Click Ground To Grid Correction on the COGO toolbar.
- Check the Use Ground to Grid Correction box.
- Enter the values for the direction offset and distance factor. Either type values from the survey plan in the boxes or click the options to use interactive correction. You cannot enter a scale factor of 0, as this would result in erroneous ground distances.
You also can set the correction interactively:
- To type a ground line and click the map for the grid line, click that option, then click the Interactive Correction Change button . Enter a ground distance and direction and click OK. Click twice on the map for the grid line.
- To click the map for both the ground and grid lines, click that option, then click the Interactive Correction Change button . Click twice on the map for the ground line and twice for the grid line.
- Click Close.