Modifying and deleting attribute domains
The Domains property page can be used to delete an attribute domain from the geodatabase or modify an existing domain.
When a new domain is created, the owner of that domain—that is, the user who created it—is recorded. Only the owner of an attribute domain can delete or modify it.
Domains can be associated with particular fields for a feature class or table or for a subtype of a feature class or table. While a domain is being used by a table or feature class, it can't be deleted or modified.
You can modify domains by selecting them on the Domains Properties dialog box.
The following properties can be modified:
- Max and min values for range domains
- Codes associated with coded value domains
- The Description field
- Split and Merge policies
The domain name, domain type, or field type can not be modified.
Modifying domains in subtypes must be done from the subtype tab in a feature class' Properties dialog box.
- In the Catalog tree, right-click the geodatabase and click Properties.
- Click the Domains tab.
- Click the domain you want to delete by clicking the left tab in the grid.
- Press the Delete key.
- Click Apply to delete the domain from the geodatabase, or click OK to delete the domain and close the dialog box.