Publishing and using animation files in ArcReader
By installing the ArcGIS Publisher extension, you can save maps for distribution and sharing with others. By saving an ArcGlobe document (.3dd) along with an animation file (.aga), you can convert the document and animation file (using the Publisher toolbar) to a published map (.pmf). This allows anyone with ArcReader to run animations you have created.
- Create an animation in ArcGlobe.
- Click File and click Save As to save the ArcGlobe document (.3dd).
- Click the Animation drop-down arrow on the Animation toolbar and click Save Animation File.
- Navigate to a location to save the .aga file and specify a name.
- Click Save.
- Click Customize on the Main menu, point to Toolbars, then click Publisher.
- If the extension is not enabled, click Customize, click Extensions, and check the Publisher extension.
- Click Publisher on the Publisher toolbar and click Settings.
- Click the Contents tab and click Add to include your animation file within the published map.
- Browse to the location of the .aga file, click it, then click Open.
- Click OK.
- Click Publisher on the Publisher toolbar and click Publish Map.
- Browse to a location to save the .pmf file, type a name, then click Save.
- Start ArcReader by either double-clicking a shortcut installed on your desktop or using the All Programs list on your Start menu.
- In ArcReader, click File, click Open, then browse to the location of your .pmf file.
- Click the .pmf file and click Open.
- Click View and click Animation.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Animation toolbar and click the animation you want to play.
Click the Play button.
You can stop the animation by clicking the Stop button.