Recording camera or map view tracks
Simple recording is achieved using controls that resemble a video player on the Animation Controls dialog box, accessed by clicking Open Animation Controls on the Animation toolbar. Click the Record button to record your navigation. In ArcScene, a camera track will be created. In ArcGlobe, a globe camera track will be created. In ArcMap, a map view track will be created. All tracks can be animated by clicking the Play button to play back the animation.
While recording a navigation, use the Fly tool in ArcScene or ArcGlobe to create a camera track. In ArcGlobe, you can also use the Walk tool . In ArcMap, you can use the Zoom In or Zoom Out and Pan tools to create a map view track.
- If the Animation toolbar is not present in your application, click Customize on the Main menu of the application, point to Toolbars, then click Animation.
- Click the Open Animation Controls button on the Animation toolbar.
- Click the Record button .
Navigate using any navigation tool.
In ArcMap, use tools such as Zoom In , Zoom Out , and Pan on the Tools toolbar. In ArcScene and ArcGlobe, use any navigation tool, such as the Fly or Walk tool .
Click the Stop button .
A camera track or a map view track is created, storing the navigation sequence.
- While recording, it is recommended that you navigate to different points of interest slowly and smoothly. Keyframes may get dropped if the mouse is moved quickly, especially during circular mouse gestures.
- To play back an animation you have recorded, click the Open Animation Controls button and click the Play button .
- Click Options on the Animation Controls toolbar to access animation duration, segments of animation to play back, looping mode, and overwriting options.