Adding a globe service
If you purchased the World Collection and want to use the USA Elevation and/or World Elevation services, you need to publish these globe services. These services will reference the globe caches and globe documents on the Data Appliance World Collection. You create these globe services the same way you create any other ArcGIS for Server service.
Follow these instructions for each globe service that you want to create:
- Log in to ArcGIS for Server using an account with administrative privileges.
- Start ArcGIS Server Manager, and log in using your ArcGIS for Server account.
- In ArcGIS Server Manager, click the Services tab.
- Click Add New Service.
- In the Name field, type a name for the globe service. You can use any name, although you may want to consider using the naming conventions from the elevation service descriptions in the Data Appliance World Collection, for example, USGS_Elevation_US or ESRI_Elevation_World.
- Verify that Type is Globe Service and Startup Type is Automatic. Click Next.
- In the Globe Document field, browse to the source_documents_wc\3D_globe_documents folder on the Data Appliance World Collection. Choose the globe document that you want to publish.
- In the Server Cache Directory field (or Cache Directory if you are using Java Manager), select the cache directory you added that references the cache_wc directory on the Data Appliance World Collection. If you don't see the directory listed, you'll need to revisit the Configuring ArcGIS Server to use the Cache Directory on the Data Appliance topic in this document.
- You have set all the essential properties for your service, so accept the rest of the default properties and publish the service. If you want to make an adjustment to the service, such as changing the maximum number of instances that can be published, you can edit the properties in ArcGIS Server Manager.
- If necessary, start the service in ArcGIS Server Manager by checking the box next to the service name and clicking Start.
- Repeat this process for any other globe services you want to configure.